- Title: Professor
- Affiliation: Department of Electrical and Electronic Information Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Toyohashi University of Technology
- Date of Birth: 21st January 1972
- CITIZENSHIP: Japan
see also Faculty member page of TUT
- Dr. Eng., Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 2000
- M. Eng., Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 1997
- B. Eng., Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Keio University, 1995
- Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronic Information Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Toyohashi University of Technology, 2020-present.
- Associate Professor, Department of Electronics Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, the University of Tokyo, 2008-2020.
- Visiting Associate Professor, Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, 2013.4-2014.3.
- Researcher, Nanophotonics Team, SORST, Japan Science and Technology Agency, 2003-2008.
- Researcher, Ohtsu Localized Photon Project, ERATO, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, 2000-2003
- Research Fellow, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, 1999-2000.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Outstanding Reviewer in 2019/2020 for Opto-Electronic Advances (OEA), 2020
- Optical Engineering Award (Takawano Award) from JSAP, 2019
- APEX/JJAP Editorial Contribution Award, 2016
- 48th The Ichimura Prize in Science from The New Technology Development Foundation, 2016
- Fujisankei Business i Award from Fujisankei Business i, 2013
- Erlangen Innovation Award Optical Technologies 2012.
In recognition of the excellent work on “Development of angstrom-scale ultra-flat substrate using a near-field etching process.” Foerder-und Freundeskreis fur den Ausbau der Lasertechnologie (FFL) of the Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuernberg
- Kondo Prize 2012 from Osaka University, 2012.
- German Innovation Award, Gottfried Wagner Prize 2010 from Deutsches Wissenschafts- und Innovationshaus & Deutsche Industrie- und Handelskammer in Japan, 2011.
- Tejima Doctoral Dissertation Award from Tejima Foundation, 2001.
- The excellent research presentation award from the Japan Society of Applied Physics, 2000.
- 1st prize in Paper Contest from IEEE Student Branch at Tokyo Institute of Technology, 1998.
SERVICES IN ACADEMIC SOCIETIES
- Editor on Applied Physics Express, 2014-present
- Editor on Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 2014-present
- Editor, Progress in Nanophotonics (Springer Series in Nano-optics and Nanophotonics), 2014 – present
- Membership Development Committee Chair, IEEE Tokyo Branch, 2017-2018
- Editor-in-Chief on Fluorescent Materials, 2014-2017
- Lead Guest Editors of Special Issue on Nanophotonics: Fabrications and Application of Nanoscale Optics to Novel Photonic Devices (Advances in Optical Technologies), 2014-2015
- Associate editor, Progress in Nanophotonics (Springer Series in Nano-optics and Nanophotonics), 2010-2013
- Associate editor, Progress in Nano-Electro-Optics (Springer Series in Optical Sciences), 2007-2009
SERVICES IN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
- International Advisory Committee of Asia-Pacific Conference on Near-Field Optics, 2015 – present
- International Program Committee, 14th Laser Ceramics Symposium (LCS2018)
- Program committee, SPIE Optical Manufacturing and Testing, 2018
- Local Organizing Committee, NFO-14, 2016
- APNFO-10 Program Committee Chair, The 10th Asia-Pacific Conference on Near-Field Optics (APNFO-10), 2015
- SPIE conference program committee, Optical Manufacturing and Testing XI, San Diego 2015
- Chair of JSPS Core-to-Core Japan Workshop 2014 (Nov. 17-18, 2014)
- APNFO-8 Co-Chair, The 8th Asia-Pacific Conference on Near-Field Optics (APNFO-8), 2011
- NFO-11 International Programme Committee, 11th International Conference on Near-Field Optics, Nanophotonics and Related Techniques (NFO-11), 2010
- Subcommittee members in Nano-Biophotonics, XII International Conference on Laser Applications in Life Sciences 2010 (LALS-2010), 2010
- Technical Program Committee, The 7th Asia-Pacific conference on Near-Field Optics (APNFO-7), 2009
- IEEE, 2016-present
- SPIE – the international society for optics and photonics, Regular member, 2008-2011.
- Japan Society of Applied Physics, Regular member, 1995-present.